As a member of the Credit Valley Cycling Club, you understand and agree that your participation in events, programs, races, or activities organized, operated, conducted and/or sanctioned by the Credit Valley Cycling Club and/or Provincial Associations and Various CCA Clubs and Members registered with CCA is conditional upon the agreement of the following club's waiver as indicated below;
- You are aware that cycling, and in particular competitive cycling, touring and all road cycling, involves the possibility of injury or death.
- You accept these risks, and all others arising from these events and programs, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any way with the Credit Valley Cycling Club events and programs you may be involved in, the venues at which these events and programs takes place or by those organizing or participating in these events and programs throughout the year, including their respective directors, volunteers and representatives (the “Releasees”).
- You understand that all applicable rules for participation must be followed and that SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY REMAINS WITH YOU, including your physical and emotional preparation and fitness to participate in all events and programs throughout the year.
- You undertake and agree to remove yourself from participation if you sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or if, at any time, at any event or program, you feel unable or unfit to safety continue for any reason.
- You give, a FULL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that you have, or may have in the future, against Credit Valley Cycling Club, and all other Releasees from all liability for any loss damage, injury or expense that you may suffer as a result of your participation in any part or parts of the events or programs or your presence at any venue at which they may take place, due to any cause whatsoever including the forms of negligence set forth in paragraph 2 above or from any breach of contract or statutory duty or other duty of care including any duty of care owed under the relevant Occupier’s Liability Act, on the part of the Releasees.
- You AGREE NOT TO SUE and you further agree TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS the Releasees from all expenses, fees, liability or damage award or cost of any type whatsoever arising from your participation in these events or programs.